Food And Drinks
• Pennyroyal Cafe & Provisions
- For the perfect breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, or
just an astonishingly good coffee and cookie, try Pennyroyal
Cafe & Provisions for a true farm to table experience.
• The Southerner - With an amazing
view of boats gliding by, eat the best southern fried chicken
in Saugatuck! Add homemade flaky biscuits, greens, mac and
cheese, and so much more, The Southerner cannot be beat. Even
their whiskey, bourbon, and cocktails are the best!
• Farmhouse Deli
- Find fresh salads for the most incredible picnic. Or, pause
a moment and enjoy breakfast, lunch, coffee, fresh juice, or
something sweet. Chris Ferris and the entire crew at Farmhouse
Deli have everything you need...and it’s tasty.
• Tree of Life
- Keep things healthy and delicious on your getaway. Tree of
Life Juice has acai bowls, smoothies, immunity shots, avocado
toast, and whatever nourishment you crave.
• Grow - Everything
coming out of the kitchen at Grow is good . . . we love it for
breakfast or lunch, and now that we can also enjoy a Mimosa or
glass of wine? Even better!
• Bowdie's Chophouse
- When it's the best steak, and every amazing side, you crave
. . . there’s no better place than Bowdie's. We love that
their bar menu matches the quality of the food, too.
• Everyday People Cafe
- Beloved by locals and visitors alike, Everyday People Cafe
always feels like a celebration. There’s always something
fresh and creative on the menu.
• Coast 236
- For gorgeous outdoor garden seating, be sure and try the
fresh fare at Coast 236 for dinner. Their inspiration is our
coastline, so anything called fish is a sure bet.
• Local Coffee Houses
- Need a little caffeine to pick you back up? Get your coffee
fix at Uncommon Coffee Roasters, Farmhouse, Pennyroyal, and
• Local Breweries
- When you need a beer, try Guardian Brewing, Mitten Brewing,
Saugatuck Brewing Co. or Waypost Brewing. They all serve
amazing local brews!
• Local Hard Cider
- Wanting a cider instead? Visit the farms, orchards and
tasting rooms of Virtue Farms or Crane’s Pie Pantry &
• Local Wineries, Tasting Rooms &
- Taste and tour local wines at Cogdal Winery, Fenn Valley
Winery or Wyncroft Winery. There are wine tasting rooms in
downtown Saugatuck, too. Walk to Cranes Wine Tasting Room,
Fenn Valley Tasting Room and Tabor Hill Wines. And, definitely
visit the wine tasting bars in Petter Wine Gallery and
Beaches from Sunrise To Sunset
• Oval Beach
– Find easy parking, endless beach, and crystal clear waters
at our award-winning Oval Beach. Oh, there are also restrooms,
grills, picnic tables and more!
• Douglas Beach
- While there is free parking and public restrooms at Douglas
Beach, you must walk the 104 steps down (and back up) to enjoy
the spectacular views!
• Saugatuck Dunes State Park
- Boasting 2.5 miles of secluded Lake Michigan Beach, you must
hike your way in at the Saugatuck Dunes State Park. Trails to
the beach are as short as 0.6 miles and as long as you can
• Mount Baldhead
– Can you conquer the climb of over 300 stairs to the top of
Mt. Baldy? The views of town and the lake are worth every
• More Beaches
- Still looking for more beach access? We have more - Sunset
Park, Pier Cove Park, and Laketown Beach. All three of these
Saugatuck beaches are quiet and clean, local beaches albeit
• Good Goods
– See one of our favorite unique boutiques. Discover local
art, handmade American jewelry, clothing, furniture, and more
at Good Goods Gallery.
- Find everything you need to be ready for the outdoors, while
stylish enough for the city, at Landsharks.
• Indian Summer -
For a truly authentic collection of Native American jewelry,
pottery, rugs and more, explore all the treasures at Indian
• Wine Sellers -
Find that extra special bottle of wine or have a taste of the
best in Michigan wines. Mike at Wine Sellers has everything
you need and the perfect accompaniments, too!
• Butler Pantry
- When we need a culinary foodie tool, we head straight to
Butler Pantry. Their well-curated collection of kitchen wares
has every gadget you dream about.
• J. Petter Galleries
- Look for fine art while you enjoy a boutique glass of wine
when strolling through the gallery. J. Petter Galleries'
Petter Wine Gallery is the perfect blend of art and wine!
• Upscale Mercantile
- Don’t miss the beautiful historic barn next to J. Petter
that is Upscale Mercantile. Their chic and brilliant
collection of vintage finds is a delight.
• Jeff Blandford Gallery
- For a simply gorgeous mug, bowl, or vessel, try the bold and
innovative pottery and glass in the Jeff Blandford Gallery.
• James Brandess Gallery
- Discover iconic paintings of Saugatuck and the surrounding
areas at the James Brandess Gallery. Take the priceless gift
of Saugatuck home with you.
• Water Street Gallery
- A beautiful blend of emerging and established fine artists
are lovingly displayed at Water Street Gallery in downtown
• Peachbelt Gallery
- Set in the idyllic old brick school house, we love
everything about Peachbelt Gallery. Beauty everywhere in this
stunning gallery full of local art.
Get On The Water
• Retro Boat Rentals
- Rent a boat and explore the harbor with Retro Boat Rentals .
. . you'll love the electric motors and their sleek vintage
• Big Lake Outfitters or Making
- Take out a pontoon from the friendly folks at either Big
Lake Outfitters or Making Waves.
• Best Chance Too, Miryha Charters
or Hoppenero Charters
- Charter your very own fishing boat and catch walleye, pike,
whitefish, perch or bass with Best Chance Too, Miryha Charters
or Hoppenero Charters.
• Sweetwater Sailing or Schooner
- Sail away into the sunset on the beautiful waters of Lake
Michigan with Sweetwater Sailing or Schooner Serenity.
• Running Rivers or Just Add Water
- Get a little exercise along the way by renting a Kayak or
Stand Up Paddleboard in Saugatuck from Running Rivers or Just
• Harbor Duck
- Sit back and enjoy the ride on the quirky W.W.II Vessel, the
• The Star of Saugatuck
- Experience the stunning views of the Kalamazoo River and
Lake Michigan from the upper deck on iconic The Star of
• The Saugatuck Chain Ferry
- Take the 'ferry' shortcut and float across the river on our
historic Saugatuck Chain Ferry . . . the only hand-cranked
chain ferry still in operation!